Thursday, March 01, 2012

Kodak To Stop Making Slide Film




Breaking news from Kodak's website:

Discontinuance Notice
March 1, 2012

Due to a steady decrease in sales and customer usage, Kodak is ceasing production of KODAK PROFESSIONAL ELITE Chrome Extra Color 100 Film. We estimate that, based on current sales pace, supplies of this film are expected to be available in the market for the next six to nine months; however, inventories may run out before then, depending on demand.

I believe that's it - I don't think Kodak is making ANY more slide film. I'd say "I'm sad..."

....if I still shot slide film.

Instead I'll say "I think we all saw that coming."

3 comments:

Greg

So is it time to sell my Pentex K 1000?

Jeff

Don't forget about the Ektachrome E100 series film. That is still in production. But I'm sure it won't be long before that is gone, also.

Jeff

Oops, just found that notice, also.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP