Saturday, March 26, 2011

Corinne Vionnet's "Photo Opportunities"

I had an idea similar to this based on my childhood memories. I tried creating some work like this a few years ago, but it never worked the way I had hoped. But Corinne Vionnet did something pretty amazing. Here's what her site says about her work:

Photo Opportunities
(2005-2010)
Series of photographic works entitled "Photo Opportunities", from hundreds of snapshots of tourist locations culled from the Internet. By collecting and then bringing together successive layers of around a hundred similar "photo souvenirs", these images conjure up questions about representation and memory of places.















Check out her website for more images and more essays regarding this work.

2 comments:

pieter

great concept - well done

Unknown

Thanks for sharing this. Those photos are amazing. I'll definitely have to check out more of her work.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP