Thursday, March 02, 2017

Two Fun Teaching Photos

Last week, I took my Digi Photo II class to the Minneapolis Photo Center. The next day, I posted this on Facebook:

I took my Advanced Photo class to the Mpls Photo Center yesterday, and they were blown away. They loved the place: the darkrooms, the digital lab, the lighting studios, and the building itself. I forget that Hamline University isn't the same sort of fine arts university like CVA was - these students hadn't been exposed to artist's studios/lofts or any sort of modified/renovated warehouse spaced like MPC. THEY wanted to take a class photo in a back corner of one of MPC's lighting studios, so Austin (far left) snapped this and sent it to all of us. (One student is missing.)



[And another comment I had to leave on that photo on FB:] Oh, I forgot to mention that they were AMAZED by the revolving darkroom door. They thought that was the coolest thing ever. I helped them all through, and then when I went through myself, someone said "you can do that BY YOURSELF?!?" Too funny.

And a few weeks ago, I posted this photo on Instagram of the notes from the whiteboard after my Digi Photo I class:


Caption: "This day. This will always be my favorite day
in my photography courses. #NerdAlert #Photography #Professoring"

Sidenote: just yesterday, I started a new Instagram account for my 4 a.m. photos (being my "normal" Instagram account is all "Dad photos"). Follow my new page on Instagram: @photostenzel

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP