Sunday, November 05, 2006

Headed Home, Sitting in LaGuardia

I grabbed a town car to get a ride to the airport. I was worried about the NY City Marathon holding things up, but we made it in plenty of time. On the ride, I mostly looked out the window and took in as much of NY as I could in the final minutes of my stay. I looked forward and paid attention to the road twice, which was not a good idea either time. Both times, I nearly saw death.

The first time, I saw the driver of my car try to burn past a nice family of 5 as they were trying to merge onto the freeway that we were on. He just got by them quickly, almost pushing them off the road, and then he cut over into the left lane, just barely in front of another vehicle. I thought we were going to send that family to their grave.

The second time I looked forward, we were driving through a construction zone. I immediately saw those signs with flashing numbers that tell you how fast you’re going. This one read:

Speed limit: 30. Your speed: 69.

Ohhh crap. Time to stop paying attention again. What I don’t know can’t hurt me, right? Check the seatbelt...good.

And I thought driving in the Twin Cities was nuts. It’ll be good to be home.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP