Thursday, November 16, 2006

New York Times Cover THIS WEEKEND!

I received an e-mail from someone at the NY Times this morning asking for my address so she could ship me some copies of the Magazine this weekend. I was confused. My story wasn’t coming out until the first part of December, right? Well I guess not. It’ll be out this Sunday, November 19th. I found out 4 days before my story was going to be pushed back that it wasn’t coming out when expected, and now I’m finding out 4 days before it hits news stands that it has been moved up a few weeks. That’s the way it works I guess.

My photo will be on the cover, and I’ll have another photo that is inside on the Table of Contents page. They didn’t use any of my photos along with the story. I was assured again and again that it was not because the photos were subpar. The reason (and I hope I’m not giving away any NY Times secrets) was that we only photographed one family, but the story talks about many families, and the Times didn’t want to only use images from 1 family along with the story. At least that’s what I was told. I was told it would all make sense when I see the magazine this weekend. We’ll see.

So, bottom line, go purchase a copy of the New York Times this weekend because my photo will be on the cover!

Check back in the next few weeks for stories about how all this goes down.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP